The forthcoming Convoy in the Park festival at Donington Park on July 22-23 will have 25 show truck categories for participants to compete in, it has been announced.
The categories cover working and show trucks, as well as classic and American trucks.
The categories full list of categories is as follows:
• Best owner operator (sole trader) working show truck
• Best company-owned working show truck
• Best super truck
• Judges’ choice best working truck in show
• Best new truck (new to 36 months old)
• Best senior working truck (over 36 months old)
• Best semi customised truck
• Best cab interior
• Best working fleet truck (minimum 4 trucks)
• Best SCANIA working truck
• Best VOLVO working truck
• Best DAF working truck
• Best MAN working truck
• Best IVECO working truck
• Best MERCEDES working truck
• Best RENAULT working truck
• Best of the rest, working truck
• Best recovery truck
• Best special type truck
• Best rigid truck
• Best light commercial up to 7.5 tonnes
• Best American show truck
• Best restored classic non-working truck post-1975
• Best vintage truck pre-1975
• Best customised truck.
In addition, all show trucks will have the opportunity to take part in a world record attempt at the end of the event, when they will take to the Donington track to try and become the world’s longest convoy of trucks.
If you want to enter a show truck to Convoy in the Park, it costs £60 – which includes 2 adult weekend tickets – or £30 (again including 2 adult weekend tickets) for a pre-1985 truck. Go to www.convoyinthepark.com/tickets/ to book.
But show trucks comprise just part of the entertainment at Convoy in the Park. It takes place around the 5th round of the British Truck Racing Championship, and as well as that there is live music, outdoor cinema, extreme events, caravan demolitions and much more. Go to www.convoyinthepark.com for more information.